Samurai Collectors are used to receive and transport telemetry from your security controls, network devices or cloud services to the Samurai platform.
There are three types of collectors:
1. Cloud Collector
- Is deployed within the Samurai platform and is used to gather telemetry from cloud services and/or security controls. For a cloud collector you simply need to complete the relevant integration.
2. Cloud Native Collector
- Is a transport method to gather telemetry from public cloud products and services, specifically Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and supported third parties. This collector type is used for monitoring cloud storage (Azure Blob and/or AWS S3) to pull data into the Samurai ingestion pipeline.
3. Local Collector
- Is typically deployed on your internal network and is used to gather telemetry from your local security controls and network devices. We have packaged the local collector as a virtual machine for you to deploy.
What type of Collector do you require?
This is dependent on the products you want to integrate with Samurai. If they are deployed on your internal network, we need a method to gather telemetry data, in this case a Local Collector is required.
For cloud-native services we typically utilize a Cloud Collector deployed within the Samurai platform or a Cloud Native Collector deployed utilizing a template to gather telemetry data from a storage account.
- Review our Supported Integrations and associated Integration Guides to determine the collector type(s) required. Within each Integration Guide there is a table denoting use of a Local, Cloud or Cloud Native Collector, alternatively this is displayed in the Samurai MDR application when working through an integration.
- You may also choose to jump directly to the Samurai MDR application and review integrations
- If you have determined you require a local collector then click on Samurai Local Collector and follow the steps to create, configure and install.
- If you have determined you require a Cloud Native collector then click on Samurai Cloud Native Collector and follow the steps to create and configure.